PEOPLE & PLACES
GRAVESTONE INSCRIPTIONS , MOUNT ZION CHAPEL, GLASCOED
Unless stated otherwise, the inscriptions are on headstones. Only names, dates, relationship and domicile details are recorded . Note variation of spellings particularly of place names. The recording of most of the pre 1900 graves was the work of the Family History Society in 1987 and their numbering system has been reused to avoid confusion. Where inscriptions have faded (( )) indicates guesses and … unreadable. A few names are mentioned twice on separate graves and in this case both entries have been recorded. The oldest grave is that of Ann Williams who died, aged 8 years, in 1820.
It seems a great disrespect to the dead to have their inscriptions misread, misunderstood or omitted entirely (easier than you’d think) so if a reader is able to decipher an inscription, finds a mistake or an unlisted grave, please let me know. Further research is planned for the winter months.
S Wright, August 2005
Many thanks to Susan Wright for agreeing to the publication of this very full transcription. If you would like to make contact with Susan regarding the transcription, I can channel enquiries to her. Just Contact me.
1. In loving memory of William Lewis who died on April 7th 1928 aged 57 years.
2. In loving memory of Charles Morgan of Llanynant in the Parish who died on July 24th 1885 aged 57 years.
3. In Loving Memory of William Morgan of Llanynant in this Parish died February 1878 aged 72 years. Also ((Miriam)) widow of the above … February 18 1891 aged 76 years.
4. In Loving memory of Mary Ann Lewis died May 8th 1879 aged 47 years. Also of James Lewis beloved husband of the above died May 18th 1902 aged 74 years.
5. In memory of Elizabeth daughter of the Rev Lewis Lewis died November 1st 1857 aged 28 years. Also Elizabeth daughter of James and Mary Ann Lewis died January 27th 1915 aged 54 years.
6. Here lie the remains of the Rev Lewis Lewis who departed this life May 26th 1852 in the 44th year of his age. He was a faithful Minister of this Church 16 years. Slab
7. In Loving Memory of the Rev. Joseph Lewis Baptist minister of this place died May 24th 1894 aged 68 years. Also Emma wife of the above died September 3rd 1894 aged 62 years.
8. Beneath this tomb lieth the body of Marilla Williams of the Hamlet of Glascoed who died January … 1828 aged … years. Slab
9. In memory of … Ann … Charles … this life … May 1859 …
10. Here Lieth the Remains of William James of this Parish who departed this life April 25th 1828 aged … years. Slab
11. In memory of Maria wife of William Morgan of this Parish of Lanhenock who died on June 8th 1849 aged 24 years. Slab.
12. Box sacred to the memory of John Williams of the Parish of Langibby who died on April 27th 1827 aged 50 years. Also of Margaret, relict of the above, who died June 11th 1844 aged 62 years. Side 2. Sacred to the memory of Ann daughter of James and Mary Ann Williams who died on October 28th 1820 aged 8 years. Box
13. In memory of John Morgan of this Parish of Lanvihangel Lantarnam who died on May 15th 18((36)) aged ((51)) years. Also James Morgan son of the above died 29th May 1887 aged 72 years. Slab.
14. ... the wife of Thomas Morgan of this Parish who died on May 11 1833 aged ((83)) years. Slab.
15. In memory of Jeremiah Griffiths who died on May 21st 1871 aged 33 years. Side 2. In memory of Emma wife of Jeremiah Griffiths who died on September 1st 1909 aged 88 years. Slab.
16. In memory of Mary the daughter of Thomas and Mary Roberts of the Hamlet of Monkswood who departed this life the 22nd day of December 1823 aged 8 years.
17. Also of George Smith son of the above died on April 9th 1898 aged 47 years. Headstone, top of inscription unreadable, against chapel wall.
18. In memory of Philip Williams of the Hamlet of Glascoed who died September … 1830 aged 77 years. Also Elizabeth wife of the above died November 26th 1836 aged 86 years. Slab.
19. In loving memory of Elizabeth wife of Richard Arnold who died on February 11th 1916 aged 78 years. Also of the above Richard Arnold died December 16th 1916 aged 86 years. Cross.
20. Underneath lies the Body of James Bodgiett Morgan of this Parish who departed this life the 3rd day of December 1851 aged 77 years. Slab.
21. In memory of Abbiegirl wife if Charles Lanworn of this Parish died 15th October 1874 aged 79 years. Also the above Charles Lanworn died 10th November 1874 aged 86 years.
22. William White, Middle Farm, Pontypool died 21st February 1880 aged 53 years. Also of William White, son of the above died at Cwmynyscoy Pontypool on 23rd October 1888 aged 24 years. Also William White died February 27th 1895 aged 72 years.
23. In memory of William Williams who died November 1883 aged 63 years.
24. In loving memory of Mary the beloved wife of Robert Arnold The Darren who died February 4th 1914 aged 69 years. Also of John beloved son of the above who died November 2nd 1915 aged 32 years. Also of the above Robert Arnold who died December 11th 1926 aged 85 years.
25. In loving memory of Thomas Watkins beloved husband of Mary Watkins, Tynycae Farm, Llangibbi died July 4th 1920 aged 67 years. Also their children, David born July 19th 1903 died November 28th 1903. Gordon born July 16th 1905 died March 25th 1909. Also of Mary Watkins beloved wife of the above who died August 3rd 1919 aged 81 years.
26. In loving memory of Isaac Truman died January 15th 1917 aged 77 years. Also Naomi wife of the above died December 1st 1936 aged 84 years.
27. In loving memory of my dear husband William Buck who died July 8th 1901 aged 38 years.
28. In loving memory of William Williams died November 20th 1883 aged 63 years. Also of Esther wife of the above died October 3rd 1888 aged 68 years.
29. In memory of Mary Ann wife of William Jones of this Parish died 17th May 1868 aged 24 years. In memory of John son of William and Esther Williams of this Parish died 24th September 1873 aged 24 years. Also Thomas Williams son of the above died 1st February 1876 aged ((15)) years.
30. In memory of Charles son of Charles & Hannah Harris of this Parish who died March 6th 1859 aged 10 months & 6 days. Slab.
31. In memory Of Hannah Harris of Pontnewynydd died January 6th 1910 aged 78 years. Also of Charles Harris husband of the above died Sept 27th 1911 aged 82 years. Also of their two children, Charles died March 6th 1859 aged 10 months and 6 days. Thomas died May 6th 1863 aged 1 year & five months.
32. In loving memory of our dear parents. Mary Lewis died May 18th 1913 aged 49 years. Also William Lewis died Feb 15th 1933 aged 73 years.
33. In loving memory of Rachel the beloved daughter of John and Martha Lewis of Upper House, Glascoed, who died March 3 1911 aged 16 years.
34. In loving memory of Hannah Williams of Bryn Farm who departed this life March 7th 1917 aged 69 years. Also of Henry husband of the above who fell asleep Jan 23rd 1919 aged 75 years.
35. In loving memory of James Sainsbury who died June 15th 1895 aged 69 years. Also Maria wife of the above died January 29th 1918 aged 77 years.
36. In loving memory of Mary Ann beloved wife of Henry Williams of the Parish of Panteg died April 16th1900. Also of the above Henry Williams died Dec 28th 1912 aged 72 years.
37. In loving memory of Henry Watkins who died in May 1905 aged 87 years. Also Maria his wife who died in Aug 1907 aged 87 years.
38. In loving memory of Clara Maria the beloved wife of Frederick Large of New Inn who departed this life June 21st 1904 aged 26 years.
39. In loving memory of Elizabeth beloved wife of Edward Rees called to her Eternal Home October 23rd1937 aged 81 years. Side 2. In loving memory of Edward Rees of New Inn died September 1st 1897 aged 48 years.
40. In memory of Ruth M Watkins daughter of Henry & Maria Watkins who died 15th March 1885 aged 21 years.
41. No readable inscription.
42. In memory of Alfred son of Henry & Maria Watkins died 24th Dec 1875 aged 10 years. Also John Watkins son of the above died in America 10th Sept 1882 in the 21st year of his age.
43. In loving memory of John Williams of Glascoed died March 8th 1876 aged 57 years. Also in memory of David son of the above who was accidentally killed at South Preston, Australia July 3rd 1888 aged 24 years. Also In loving memory of Eliza Williams, wife of the above died July 17th 1909 aged 81 years.
44. In loving memory of Fanny beloved Wife of William Stephens, late of Cefn Ila in the Parish who died Oct 23rd 1887 aged 47 years. Also of the above William Stephens who died March 14th 1925 aged 84 years.
45. In loving memory of Alfred son of James & Maria Jones of Lasgarn Cottage, Abersychan died May 7th1897 aged 11 months. Also of Maria beloved wife of James Jones died April 17th 1916 aged 57 years. Also of the above James Jones died April 1st 1921 aged 69 years.
46. In loving memory of Philip Williams of Beech Farm died January 24th 1903 aged 63 years. Also of Ann wife of the above died Dec 22nd 1920 aged 71 years.
47. In loving memory of Emily Ann beloved wife of James Parry, Greenpool, died Oct 2nd 1918 aged 44 years. Also of James Parry, beloved husband of Emily died 20th April 1957 aged 88 years. Cross.
48. In loving memory of Martha wife of John Jenkins of Glascoed who died May 13th 1893 aged 61 years. Also In loving memory of Martha daughter of the above died July 13th 1906 aged 42 years.
49. In loving memory of Mary beloved wife of John Williams of this Parish who died July 18th 1888 aged 62 years. Also of the aforesaid John Williams who died November 4th 1889 aged 54 years.
50. In loving memory of Francis Morgan who died Oct 25th 1876 aged 57 years. Johanna Morgan his wife died Feb 10th 1895 aged 52 years. Slab.
51. In loving memory of Olwen May Williams died Aug 9th 1980 aged 65. Margaret Johns died May 10th1983 aged 84.
52. In loving memory of Joseph Lewis died July 27th 1933 aged 70 years. Side 2. In memory of Annie Lewis died July 23rd 1954 aged 80. Slab.
53. In loving memory of Elizabeth Morgan, Lower Prescoed, Llanbadoc died January 14th 1956 aged 73 years. Side 2. Also of Mathew Morgan died March 6th 1946 aged 74 years.
54. In loving memory of Ellen, wife of Reginald Perrott died 22nd Nov 1961 aged 81 years. Side 2. Also of her husband Reginald T. Perrott died 15th Dec 1963, aged 84 years.
55. Sacred to the memory of James Pitt who departed this life May 29th 1929, aged 73 years. And of Mary Ann Pitt, his wife who departed this life June 8th 1935, aged 78 years. Also two children, Eva & Stanley who died in infancy.
56. In loving memory of Hannah, beloved wife of Sidney Lewis, of Coed-
57. In loving memory of David Rowlands died Aug 30th 1930 aged 79. Also of Elizabeth Rowlands died April 6th 1937 aged 82.
58. In loving memory of Dennis Davies of Walnut Tree House, Glascoed who died Dec 23rd 1941 aged 10 years.
59. In loving memory of Edwin Morgan of Greenmeadow Bungalow died Oct 13th 1928. Side 2. Maud wife of the aforenamed died May 1909. Slab.
60. In memory of Gus husband of Mabel Parry of Tynycae, Llangibby died Oct 15th 1929 aged 31 years. Also David Dec 12th 1929. Stillborn. Slab.
61. In loving memory of John Williams died July 9th 1934 aged 61 years. Slab.
62. In loving memory of our dear parents Mary Lewis who passed away May 18th 1913 aged 49 years. Also William Lewis who passed away Feb 15th 1933 aged 73 years.
63. In loving memory of Kate beloved wife of Oliver Thomas Harris Croesllanfro, Rogerstone, and dearest daughter of John and Martha Lewis Upper House, Glascoed died 9th August 1949 aged 50 years. Also the above Oliver Thomas Harris died 25th Jan 1975 aged 79 years.
64. In loving memory of John the beloved husband of Martha Lewis of Upper House Glascoed who died May 10th 1938 aged 72 years. Also of Martha Lewis wife of the above who died Jan 10th 1942 aged 81. (Nb. This transcription read 91, although actual age was 81 as in other transcriptions).
65. Arthur Jones, Llwyn-
66. In loving memory of Ada beloved daughter of James and Maria Jones died 16th Nov 1951 aged 53 years.
67. In memory of Ernest Howells beloved husband of Bronwen of The Cross, Glascoed died by accident 21st October 1937 aged 30 years.
68. In loving memory of Albert beloved husband of Bertha Williams, Granary Farm, Llanthewy who passed away March 8th 1950 aged 65 years. Also Bertha Williams who passed away Dec. 20th 1982 aged 86 years.
69. In loving memory of William Henry beloved husband of Emily Williams TyNewydd who departed this life March 8th 1955 aged 75 years. Also of Emily Williams who fell asleep April 3rd 1959 aged 69 years.
70. In loving memory of William George beloved husband of Hannah Maria Williams of Upper House, who died May 14th 1932, aged 82 years. Also Hannah Maria Williams who fell asleep Sept. 4th 1946 aged 87.
71. James George Allen died March 30th 1946 aged 65 years. Also Margaret Jane Allen died Jan 13th 1958 aged 72.
72. In loving memory of Joseph Lewis died July 27th 1933 aged 70 years.
73. In loving memory of James Stephens beloved husband of Catherine Stephens who died Jan 30th 1991 aged 78 years. Also of Catherine who died May 23rd 1968 aged 89 years.
75. In loving memory of Charles Stratton died Jan 3rd 1942 aged 87. Sarah Ellen Stratton died Feb 3rd1948 aged 94. William Henry their son died Dec 24th 1933 aged 53. Also Edwin their son died Aug 3rd1935 aged 42. Clifford Richard their son died Aug 4th 1937 aged 51. Stanley Charles their son died Nov 12th 1938 aged 48. Mary Elizabeth died March 2nd 1856 aged 1. (Nb. Stratton family records show Mary Elizabeth’s death date as March 2nd 1885 – likely an MI transcription error here)
76. In memory of William son of Emmanuel & Mary Sainsbury died Nov 2nd 1913 aged 12 years. Also Margaret beloved daughter of the aforementioned died Jan 31st 1916 aged 3 years.
77. Martha Williams born July 13th 1880 died Sept 1st 1938. WEST GRAVEYARD
78. Cherished memories of Mary beloved wife of William Arthur Harris, Wern Farm dear mother of John and Jenny passed away 1st October 1981 aged 46 years.
79. In loving memory of a beloved husband, father and grampy, William Henry Clifford Parry died May 29th 1991 aged 75 years.
80. Julian Ralph Knight died 30th March 1987 aged 21 years dearest youngest son of Roy and Margaret. Also Melville Roy Knight died 14th June 2003 aged 80 years.
81. In loving memory of my beloved husband Alfred Pritchard of The Cross, Glascoed died 16th June 1970 aged 70 years. Also his dear wife Gladys May organist at this church died 19th Jan. 1987 aged 83 years.
82. In loving memory of a dear wife and mother Eunice Mary Harris of the Darren Coed-
83. Memories of Nellie Jones died 7 March ((1924)) aged 70. 2nd side And her husband Harold died Jan ((7)) 19… Box.
84. In loving memory of a dear daughter, wife and mother Betty May Parry died April 7 1983 aged 42.
85. Treasured memories of my dear husband Harold George Payton died March 15 1982 aged 78. Also his beloved wife Violet Rose Payton died Oct 7 1995 aged 93.
86. Cecil Frederick Payton born March 18th 1911 died April 6th 1983. Slab.
87. Treasured memories of a devoted husband and father Philip George Williams died Dec 25th 1981 aged 71. A devoted wife & mother Sybil Irene Williams died August 24th 2003 aged 86.
88. In loving memory of Constance beloved wife of Arthur E. Gilbert, The Paddocks, Glascoed died Jan 13th 1981 aged 66. Also Arthur E. Gilbert died April 22nd 1996 aged 80.
89. In loving memory of Elizabeth wife of Alfred Williams, Glen View died Jan 9th 1980 aged 78. Also Alfred Ernest Williams died Jan 10th 1991 aged 87.
90. Treasured memories of Freda Evelyn Williams 1930-
91. In loving memory of William Henry (Harry) Watkins dearly loved husband of Emily died 18 December 1977 aged 75 years and his beloved wife Emily died 8 June 1996 aged 94 years.
92. In loving memory of Mary eldest daughter of Emmanuel & Mary Sainsbury passed away Aug. 30th1967 aged 71. Also Matilda Graham 3rd daughter of the above joined her loved ones March 19th 1988 aged 84.
93. In loving memory of David George Lawrence Tyn-
94. Cherished memories of Francis Poole Grainger devoted husband of Jeanne died Oct. 1st 1874, And Jeanne Grainger died April 11 1990.
95. In loving memory of Francis John Traves died March 22nd 1985 aged 72 years. Also Annie Maria wife of the above died Aug. 1st 1996 aged 86 years.
96. In loving memory of Arthur Henry Lewis died 17th September 1974 aged 25. Also his parents Mary Elizabeth Ann died 1st April 1998 aged 77. John Henry died 27th April 2004 aged 87.
97. In loving memory of James Lawrence, Coldstream Bungalow died 12th Sept 1975 aged 63. Also of Evelyn Amy Lawrence died 11th Jan 2002 aged 92.
98. Margaret Jones The Manse January 17 1972 aged 58?? Years. Slab.
99. Cyril William Williams 1949??-
100. Cherished memories of Herbert James Arnold the Bungalow Treworgan Common, beloved husband of Elizabeth Temprance who passed away 6th Oct 1972 aged 88 years.
101. In loving memory of William Lewis (Green Tree) devoted husband of Margaret passed away 5thSeptember 1972 aged 75 years. Also his dear wife Margaret died July 22nd 1979 aged 82 years.
102. In remembrance of Henry Jacob who died 9 May 1960?? aged 77 years. Also his beloved wife Mabel who died 17 Oct 1969 aged 63 years.
103. In loving memory of George Howells of the Cross, Glascoed died 16th January 1969 aged 71 years.
104. In loving memory of Annie Morrill born 29th August 1889 died 7th April 1968. Slab.
105. In loving memory of Edmund Thomas Price of Greenmeadow Farm, beloved husband of Mary Ann died March 17th 1967 aged 82 years. Also his beloved wife Mary Ann died September 15th 1968 aged 83 years. Slab.
106. In loving memory of William John Williams late of Penylan Farm Coedypaen beloved husband of Annie died Dec. 4th 1996, aged 79. Also his dear wife Annie died Mar. 9th 1973, aged 79. Slab.
107. In loving memory of Florence the beloved wife of Alfred Price of The Poplars, Glascoed who died Feb. 5th 1976 aged 76. Also her husband Alfred Price who died May 28th 1976.
108. In loving memory of Elizabeth beloved wife of Henry Williams died 8th Dec 1961 aged 61 years, late of Glen Isca Farm, Llanfair Kilgeddin. Also of Henry Williams died March 7th 1981, aged 82 years.
109. In loving memory of Martha Sainsbury of Oak Tree Cottage Glascoed who died 18th October 1960 aged 92 years. Also of Amos James Sainsbury, brother of Martha died 1st March 1963 in his 82ndyears. Slab.
110. In loving memory of a dear father Thomas Herbert Cowles of The Darren Coedypaen who fell asleep Dec 9th 1958 aged 68 years. Also his beloved wife Annie Maria who died Mar 22nd 1973 aged 76 years.
111. In Loving memory of Herbert Arthur Williams who departed this life Dec 14th 1955 aged 64 years. Also of his wife Gladys May Williams who departed this life April 4th 1963 aged 68.
112. In loving memory of Mary, beloved wife of Emmanuel Sainsbury who died 2nd March 1957, in her 84thyear. And of Emmanuel Sainsbury who followed his wife Mary, on 11th March 1963 in his 92nd year.
113. In loving memory of John Henry Morgan beloved husband of Alethea and father of John & Mary died Jan 18th 1955, aged 66 years. Also his devoted wife Alethea dearly loved mother and grandmother died Nov. 3rd 1998, aged 100 years.
114. In loving memory of Margaret Mary Knight died Dec 8th 1951 aged 58. Also her husband Ernest Ralph Knight died Oct 26th 1966 aged 82.
115. Vernon Morgan (Dick) Knight 10th November 1921-
116. In Loving memory of a dear husband and father William Arthur Lewis, Wheelwright & Carpenter. Born 13th May 1896 died 13th December 1987. And of a devoted wife and mother Gwendoline Mary Lewis born 20th March 1901 died 22nd December 1995.
117. In loving memory of a dear wife & mother Ruth Sainsbury of Derwent died 19th Feb 1994 aged 88. Also Leonard Emmanuel Sainsbury husband of Ruth died 20th October 1998 aged 90.
118. Not used in this transcription.
119. Millicent Parry … Slab.
120. In loving memory of Allen Joseph Sheppard Ty-
121. Remembered with love a dear so and brother Mark Richards much loved husband of Kristel died 16thApril 2003 aged 29 years. Slab.
I intend to keep all three transcriptions on site as they are and in due course add a composite list from all three sources in addition. For now, please cross-
|The Glascoed Riots|
|Law & Order|
|Cwm Ton SSSI|
|Trouble Brewing: 1860|
|Uncommon Doings on Glascoed Common|
|Mount Zion Baptist Chapel|
|St. Michael's Church, Glascoed|
|Other Chapel & Church records|
|Mt Zion History Glyn Williams|
|Mt Zion History Brief|
|Mount Zion Minute Books|
|Mt Zion Minutes 1868-1873|
|Mt Zion Minutes 1874-1882|
|Mt Zion Minutes 1883-1900|
|Mt Zion Minutes 1901 onwards|
|Ann Adams 1750|
|Richard Arnold 1832|
|Mary Ann Arnold|
|Mary Arthur 1764|
|Mary Arthur 1806|
|Alexander Wynter Blyth|
|James Edwards 1780|
|Thomas Edwards 1815|
|Eliza Evans 1825|
|Mary Jane Evans|
|William Gwatkin 1820|
|Hilda May Harris|
|Edmund Jones 1774|
|Leonard Jones 1775|
|Adam Jones 1777|
|Mary Jones 1779|
|Ann Jones 1781|
|Philip Lewis 1815|
|Job Lewis 1828|
|Lewis Lewis 1800|
|John Morgan 1797|
|John Arthur Morgan|
|Mary Susanna Morgan|
|Anne Elizabeth Morgan|
|Jane Frances Morgan|
|Tom Parry 1852|
|Tom Parry 1895|
|William John Parry|
|William Henry Pegington|
|Sarah Ellen Pitt|
|Henry James Pitt|
|William John Pitt|
|Alice Ann Pitt|
|Thomas Jesse Pitt|
|Agnes Maud Pitt-Williams|
|Emma Rachel Price|
|Mary Ann Rees|
|Leonard Lewis Rees|
|Tom Benjamin Rees|
|Elizabeth Jane Rees|
|Albert J. Simons|
|Florence Ann Simons|
|Frederick Henry Warder|
|Simeon Henry Harris Warder|
|Simeon Warder: War record|
|John Edwd Wms|
|James Williams 1831|
|Mary Ann Wms 1832|
|John Wms 1835|
|Eliz Wms 1836|
|Phil Wms 1839|
|Wm Wms 1841|
|Henry Wms 1844|
|Chas Wms 1850|
|Mary wife of John Wms|
|Mary Wms 1864|
|Wm Williams 1871|
|James Williams 1835|
|Elizabeth Handley Wilmot|
|Birth & Baptism|
|Death & Burial|
|Lists of Inhabitants|
|1841 Census strays|
|1851 strays A-M|
|1851 strays N-Z|
|1861 strays A-J|
|1861 strays K-R|
|1861 strays S-Z|
|1871 strays A-J|
|1871 strays K-R|
|1871 strays S-Z|
|1881 strays A-J|
|1881 strays K-S|
|1881 strays T-Z|
|1891 strays A-L|
|1891 strays M-Z|
|1901 strays A-L|
|1901 strays M-R|
|1901 strays S-Z|
|1911 Strays A-H|
|1911 Strays I-P|
|1911 Strays Q-Z|
|Other Parish Baptisms|
|Other Parish Marriages|
|Usk & Glascoed Burials|
|Other Parish Burials|
|Mount Zion Glyn Williams MIs|
|Mount Zion David Woolven MIs|
|Mount Zion Susan Wright MIs|
|St Michaels Glascoed MIs|
|Other Parish MIs|
|William Jenkins. 1720. Trostrey.|
|William Jenkins. 1757. Trostrey|
|Roger Williams, 1872. Beech Farm.|
|Glascoed Tenants 1763-65|
|Land Tax Assessments|
|Registers of Electors|
|1806 Land Tax Assessment|
|1823 Land Tax Assessment|
|1824 Land Tax Assessment|
|1829 Land Tax Assessment|
|1831 Land Tax Assessment|
|1832 Register of Electors|
|1843-44 Register of Electors|
|1848-49 Register of Electors|
|1852-53 Register of Electors|
|1853-54 Register of Electors|
|1855 to 1856 Register of Electors|
|1865-66 Register of Electors|
|1868-70 Register of Electors|
|1870 Register of Electors|
|1871 Register of Electors|
|1872 Register of Electors|
|1874 Register of Electors|
|1875 Register of Electors|
|1876 Register of Electors|
|1878 Register of Electors|
|1879 Register of Electors|
|1889 Register of Electors|
|1909 Register of Electors|
|1922 Register of Electors|
|1925 Absent voters' list|
|1929 Register of Electors|
|Family bibles etc|
|Roger Williams Indenture|
|Arnold family tree|
|Rees family Bible|
|Mary Ann Pitt 1934|
|Kelly's 1901 Directory|
|Bush Cottage/ "The Paddocks"|
|Poplar Tree Cottages|
|Royal Ordnance Factory, Glascoed|
|Sunny Bank Cottage|
|Sunny Bank Farm|
|Three Stiles farm|
|Ty Coch farm|
|Upper House, Glascoed|
|Walnut Tree House|
|Houses with Glascoed links|
|Rose Cottage Today|
|Llangwendr Farm, nr Llangovan|
|Tregeiriog House, Old Llanishen|
|The Usk Observer|
|BMD Notices & Obituaries|
|1855 Usk Observer|
|1856 Usk Observer|
|1857 Usk Observer|
|1858 Usk Observer|
|1859 Usk Observer|
|1860 Usk Observer|
|1861 Usk Observer|
|1862 Usk Observer|
|1863 Usk Observer|
|1864 Usk Observer|
|1865 Usk Observer|
|1866 Usk Observer|
|1868 County Observer|
|1869 County Observer|
|1870 County Observer|
|1875 County Observer|
|1876 County Observer|
|1881 County Observer|
|1882 County Observer|
|1884 County Observer|
|Free Press 1860-63|
|Free Press 1864|
|Free Press 1865-66|
|Free Press 1867|
|Free Press 1868|
|Free Press 1869|
|Mon Merlin 1830s|
|Mon Merlin 1840s|
|Mon Merlin 1850s|
|Mon Merlin 1860-63|
|Mon Merlin 1864-66|
|Mon Merlin 1867-69|
|Mon Merlin 1870-73|